Confident Carry Course
This objective of this course is to build the student’s confidence in presenting their semi-automatic defensive firearm from their holster, making an accurate shots on target, perform a magazine reload and safely reholster their firearm. Our goal is for the students to leave with better confidence in carrying their firearm and with a plan to continue to improve through their own personal firearm practice utilizing both dry fire and live fire.
The course length is approximately 3.5 hours with the student shooting 50 rounds.
This course is structured for adults who have obtained their TN Handgun Carry Permit and who are seeking to become more comfortable and confident with their chosen defensive semi-automatic handgun. This is a logical next step in building the fundamentals for carrying a firearm outside the home, and building that solid foundation of familiarity with firearm and shooting concepts, as well as the continuation of building safe gun handling skills. This course concentrates on accessing the weapon from “on body” carry, holsters attached directly to the belt. (This course DOES NOT cover accessing the weapon from off body carry such as purses, messenger bags, backpacks, etc.nor does it allow for the students use of revolvers.)
- Confident Carry Course
- 3.5 Hours
- 50rds Ammo
This course is structured for the student that already has an understanding of the safe handling of firearms and has a working knowledge of their handgun they will be using. The instructors have the authority and will remove students from the firing line who handle their firearms in an unsafe manner or demonstrate that they do not have a working knowledge of their handgun.
A student prior to attending this class should:
What Students Need To Bring to class
- You MUST have a working knowledge of the operation of the firearm you bring.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes before class allowing time to complete necessary paperwork, and complete the registration process.
- Students should NOT wear low cut shirts or open toed shoes.
- Since this is an 3.5 hour course, there will be breaks provided throughout the class.
- We provide hearing and eye protection as required, or you can bring your own.
- Students should bring their semi-automatic defensive handgun. (No revolvers, this course is designed around the semi-automatic defensive platform.
- Students should bring a quality outside the waistband or quality inside the waist band holster and 1 magazine pouch.
- Shoulder Holsters, ankle holsters, small of the back holsters and pocket holsters are not allowed for use in this course.
- Students need to bring 50 rounds of ammunition, or you may buy ammunition from us.
- All incoming students are required to make a non-refundable deposit of $20. This deposit will be credited to the student’s class of choice. All Fees are transferable to other available dates.
- Class fees will be credited to students’ accounts who give a 24 hour notification of cancellation from the class date minus the deposit fee. All fees are transferable within 6 months of the class date.
Admissions and Deposits