Joe’s primary area of teaching with Guns and Leather Shooting Academy is the Carbine Classes.
Joe is a current instructor at a large police department and has been a Law Enforcement Officer for 28 years. During his career he has attended numerous schools to include Firearms Instructors from Tennessee Law Enforcement Training Academy and Glock Firearms workshop Instructor/Armor school in Smyrna, Ga. He has also attended the I.A.L.E.F.I (International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors) annual training conference in Nashville, Tennessee & Mobile, Alabama. Joe is also a former SWAT Team member and K-9 Handler.
Joe also spent 6 years with the Tennessee Army National Guard.
Joe has a vast knowledge of different firearms to include automatic, semi-automatic and revolvers. Joe competed in pistol competition for several years to include a revolver and has taught many classes on the use of it. Joe also teaches the following topics: Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Use of Force, Taser, O/C Chemical Spray, Police Baton, Tactical Carbine, Shotgun, Simulations Scenario Based Training, In-Custody Death and Handcuffing.
Joe has been awarded the following medals and ribbons during his Law-Enforcement Career:
- Lifesaving Award – 1989 and 1999
- Police Officer Award – 2002
- Exemplary Service Award – 2007
- Meritorious Service Award – 2008
- National Rifle Association of America Police Distinguished Expert badge.
- Special Operations Officer of the Month
- Special Operations Officer of the Year
- USPCA Regional Case of the Quarter for K9 Patrol Apprehension Case
- USPCA Regional Case of the Quarter for Narcotic Detector Case
- USPCA National Case of the Quarter in Narcotics and Apprehensions
- Basic and Advanced SWAT
- Yavapi Tactical Shotgun
- LSU Law-Enforcement Response to Active Shooter
- Glock Armor and Instructor
- Simunitions (FX) Scenario Instructor
- Department of Army SWAT\SRT
- IPICD In-Custody Death Instructor
- GRACIE Retention and Control
- One in One Hundred Reduced Light\ Patrol Rifle Instructor
- Personal Responsibility Inc, Handgun I, II, III, Close Quarters Combat, Tactical Carbine, Speed and Accuracy.
- International LawEnforcement Educators and Trainers Association
- National Rifle Association Life Time Member
- International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors
- Tennessee Law Enforement Trainers Association