Tactical Medicine Class
Our course is designed to:
- Introduce the non-medical officer/operator to the concepts of TEMS. (Tactical Emergency Medical Support)
- Provide non-medically trained personnel with the knowledge and confidence to provide emergent self-aid/buddy-aid during penetrating trauma in the tactical environment.
- Orient trained civilian medical personnel to the TEMS approach, since it may differ from typical operating procedures and algorithms.
- Provide a systematic approach to making all team members situationally aware and proactively expecting the next step, even if they are not filling the medic role.
- Discuss the design of a field appropriate tactical first aid kit.
- Students will receive a certificate issued by GALSA.
The content of the course includes didactic training in relevant anatomy, skills stations for individual procedure practice, and scenario based cases to allow the student to integrate all process components into patient care provisions.